adlr.link is operated by Leipzig University Library and funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
According to DFG funding guidelines, the service is primarily aimed at academics in the media, communication and film studies as well as related fields of study in Germany for immediate and direct access to specific literature and research-relevant information.
- No prior registration is required for using adlr.link. However, in order to be able to use all adlr.link services, you have to sign up for a personal account. Account registration and use of the services are free of charge.
- When signing up, you must provide your personal data truthfully and, as far as required fields are concerned, completely, in order to use services of adlr.link. By registering, you also confirm that you belong to the user group you have indicated. adlr.link may re-assign you to another user group at our sole discretion. You are obliged to keep your personal data up-to-date at all times.
- An account is assigned to a single person only. Disclosure of your login information is not permitted and will result in a temporary or permanent suspension of the account.
- Registration is not restricted to academics in the field of media, communication and film studies. Interdisciplinary-based researchers may also sign up with adlr.link when conducting research within the respective field of study.
- You agree not to misuse the services offered (e.g. orders that go beyond the usual scope) and to respect all respective licensing and copyright conditions (e.g. when reproducing or passing on copyrighted works, but also in the case of freely available Internet resources and/or Open Access documents).
- E-books licensed by adlr.link or resources made available to you on order (e.g. via the document delivery service) are only permitted for your personal use within the copyright exceptions. Any reproduction (e.g. by transferring it to other networks or databases), public disclosure or distribution to third parties is not permitted.
- When obtaining data from databases licensed by adlr.link, you assure that you use the data only exclusively within the context of your own research and the copyright exceptions and you agree not to forward any data to third parties. You may use data for non-commercial purposes only. It is not permitted to retrieve data from databases using automated bots (or similar tools).
- When purchasing printed publications via patron driven acquisition (Print PDA), the bookseller will send you the media as a loan copy. The medium is the property of the Leipzig University Library. You are obliged to return the media at your own expense to Leipzig University Library within the loan period, but in any case when your account has been expired. adlr.link is entitled to suspend accounts temporarily or permanently in the case of overdue media after repeated notice. Loan copies must be handled carefully. Any markings and corrections of errors as well as dog-ears are not allowed. No parts may be removed from the works. You may be held responsible to make a replacement for lost or damaged works.
- adlr.link reserves the right to restrict some or all services for certain user groups or to cease operation for some or all services without notice at any time. adlr.link also reserves the right to suspend accounts temporarily or permanently in case of incomplete or obviously inaccurate information about your personal data or repeated or persistent misuse.