adlr.link is operated by Leipzig University Library and funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG).
According to DFG funding guidelines, the service is primarily aimed at academics in the communication, media and film studies as well as related fields of study in Germany for immediate and direct access to specific literature and research-relevant information.
- No prior registration is required for using adlr.link. However, in order to be able to use all adlr.link services, you have to sign up for an account. Account registration and use of the services are free of charge.
- You have to provide us with truthful information about your personal data when signing up for an account. By registering, you also confirm that you belong to the user group you have indicated. adlr.link may re-assign you to another user group at our sole discretion. You are obliged to keep your personal data up-to-date at all times.
- A user account is assigned to a single person. Disclosure of your login information is not permitted and will result in a temporary or permanent suspension of the account.
- Registration is not restricted to academics in the field of communication, media and film studies. Interdisciplinary-based researchers may also sign up with adlr.link when conducting research within the respective field of study.
- When using adlr.link, you agree not to misuse the services offered (e.g. orders that go beyond the usual scope) and to respect all licensing and copyright conditions (e.g. when reproducing or passing on copyrighted works, but also in the case of freely available Internet resources and/or Open Access documents).
- E-books provided by adlr.link and other documents delivered to you by adlr.link (either electronically or physically) are for your own personal use only. Any unauthorized duplication, copying, or distribution is not permitted.
- When obtaining data from databases licensed by adlr.link, you assure that you use the data only within the framework of your own research and you agree not to forward any data to third parties. You may use data for non-commercial purposes only. It is not permitted to retrieve data from databases using automated bots (or similar tools).
- When purchasing printed publications via patron driven acquisition (Print PDA), the bookseller will send you the media as a loan copy. You are obliged to return the media at your own expense to Leipzig University Library within the loan period, but in any case when your account has been expired. adlr.link is entitled to disable user accounts temporarily or permanently in the case of overdue media after repeated notice. Loan copies must be handled carefully. Any markings and corrections of errors as well as dog-ears are not allowed. No parts may be removed from the works. You may be held responsible to make a replacement for lost or damaged works.
- adlr.link reserves the right to restrict some or all services for certain user groups or to cease operation for some or all services without notice at any time. adlr.link also reserves the right to disable user accounts temporarily or permanently in case of repeated or persistent abusive use.